Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Up on all fours but legs are shaky!

When I woke up on January 21st, little did I know what was in store for me!  I do remember going to Starbucks, having a protein drink, going on to Curves  and then about noon I got very sick....and here I am 14 days later and can't say my gall bladder feels a whole lot better.  I have been trying to get the GB tarn out for over 20 years now.  So, upon arrival at the hospital the doctors briefed me and it was not until 3;00the next afternoon that I went up for the surgery.  It did not end up being the normal GB, in and out , surgery.  The GB was barely functioning and quite diseased..  Two days later it was discovered that  there were complications and I was scheduled to go back in for repairs.

That is all for the actual operation but I do want to share with you my bad experience with the drugs.  For two days after the surgery I was under the influence and not doing well.  I had a very nice male nurse...he came in and sat down next to my bed, I said to him in my very best voice...John, I really like you but I am very disappointed in you...I do not understand why you are trying to kill me!The poor guy!  This must be why I ended up back in Intensive care!

I am doing better now.  On Thursday I go to see the surgeon and we will go from there.

Today, we went to Starbucks and I took my oatmeal.  wE saw the group that coffee at Reems.  The two guys we know from Bel and Grand were there.  It was nice to see everyone and it makes me feel like I am getting back to reality.

About my weight....at this point in time I have lost 11 pounds....as many meals as I have missed it should be more like 21 pounds.

A special thank you goes out to Mark and Tami and , of course Vicki, for all their help over the last two weeks.  Aspecial award goes to Mark for putting up with my attitudes!
Thank to al of you for your prayers and concerns.  They were greatly appreciated!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!
                      S'

No comments:

Post a Comment