Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Our 115 day World Cruise, day 94, Cape Town, South Africa

Today was a different kind of day.  A few things happened that seemed to be stressful but I am not going to go into 2 of them and that only leaves one!  The one that finished me off and sent me running into the house screaming was in a book that we are reading!  It was a description of a war injury suffered by a soldier in WWII!  And that is all I am going to tell you!  OMG!  That Jonathan Kellerman knows how to shake up a grandma!

By the time Vicki and I had left coffee this morning we had decided to cancel both of our cruises in August.  We are not comfortable being outside the country with Rosine having mobility issues.  We have decided instead to take a few 1 week trips here in the U.S.  This will work out better for all of our mental health.

For those of you who are wondering, all 2 of you, lol! I will continue the blog.  I may miss a day here and there but I will be blogging the "Dear Dad Letters", to start with.  I am sure I will also find another cruise to follow since it will be next year before we are able to go on one.


Where we did not go today ....but the Amsterdam did!

 Cape Town, South Africa




























My how time flies….  Have I really been on this ship for 200 days already???  That means there are only 3 weeks left before I return home to Chesapeake, Virginia.  Oh well….  There are still 3 weeks left to explore the world.  Today was pretty straight forward.  Since we had to be back to the ship for immigration inspection at 3:00, we decided to just do a short tour up to the top of Table Mountain, the iconic symbol of Cape Town.  This was also selected as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.  We were fortunate this morning since the mountain wasn’t shrouded in clouds as it is quite often.  We took a taxi to the cable car entrance and up we went….  What a view!  I was up here in 2009 and the view is still breathtaking.  We hiked around a bit, taking in the views for a while before hitting the café for a drink and snack, and then made our way down the mountain.  It was back to the ship to finish out the day….  Wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment