Friday, February 1, 2013

Our 115 day World Cruise, day 28, oops! at sea!

Today is our first day back SCW.  We slept until after 10:00.  This meant we were at Starbucks about 11:00.  There is a Low Vision store by there and I needed to get some raised red dots to put on my new keyboard.  Right now I have both visual aids and both computers here to make the switch and take one of each back to San Diego.  Here is a picture of what they all look like and how much room they take up!

                                                                                 
Now I am in the process of backing up the old computer......sounds like I know what I am doing....right?......NOT!  The sad thing is that Vicki has gone to see her mom and has left me here with two computers that seem to want to talk to each other but they are not letting me in on the conversation! lol!   The one that I have used for the last 7 years is now bitching at me and telling me there is no mouse....nothing is new and when I take it over to the new computer it does not seem to have a problem finding it.....aren't computers wonderful?

Today I am being really creative....in the crock pot I put...1 can black beans, 1 can corn, 1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 can diced green chili  and about 2 cups cooked chicken....call it what you want  but I call it dinner!  Will serve it with cornbread and a salad! yum!

We ate our dinner and I continued to work on transferring data but it did not work very well!
So, guess what ?  I am quitting!


Where we did not go today....the Amsterdam did not go either!
 Rarotonga , Cook Islands



Not so fast….  We made the gallant effort but Rarotonga just wasn’t in the cards for us today.  I went out early for photos of the sail in but had a pretty good idea based on the high winds and swell that tendering would be pretty difficult.  The Captain made a wise choice.  I included a few photos I took this morning and for you folks that would like to see a bit more, here are two links to my previous two visits via previous blog postings http://amazingvoyages.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-26-rarotonga-cook-islands.html  and http://amazingvoyages.blogspot.com/2009/10/day-27-rarotonga-cook-islands.html   Now we have several days at sea as we make our way to Auckland, New Zealand….


                                     SEE YOU TOMORROW.....AT SEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment