Sunday, February 17, 2013

Our 115 day World Cruise, day 43, at sea

 Today was a different day, We went to coffee and Irwin was having a book signing.  His book "Living With Faith", has just been released.  Starbucks allowed Irwin to have his book signing there.   Irwin's wife Sandi sat with us at a separate table and we all kept an eye on Irwin!   People were able to buy  the book and talk to Irwin while having him sign the book!!    

                                                               This is the author,  Irwin Wiener,  the book is "Living With Faith"
                                                                                           
 Now, you are probably wondering why I am in the wheel chair....here is why...Rosine told us that she wants her "real" wheel chair.  She said that she is unable to take herself to her meals in the companion chair that she has....she wants to be able to use her arms and work the wheel to get where she wants to go.  I suggested that she use her feet and scoot along like she is walking while she is sitting down.  She told me that if I thought it was so easy then I should do it myself and see.  So I did...around and around, up and down the hall, and all I can say is "OMG, this really hurts,,,get her the other wheel chair!"                                                                              


    "I am trying it but I don't want to...this is too hard...get her whatever she wants just let me go home!"                                                                    
                                                                 
This is the  pile of material that will become the quilt!
                                                                               
I have decided to post a picture everyday and it will be from somewhere we have gone.  This picture was taken in 2009 in Puerto Vallarta!  The people in the picture are from left to right....Vicki, sister Judy, Sandi, daughter Tami and grandson Joshua!  It was very hot as it was in July...we all look like we are puffed up...well we were!


                                                                                       
WHERE WE DID NOT GO TODAY...but the AMSTERDAM did!

 At Sea

Today was a wonderful day at sea….           I was pretty surprised how nice it was as we make our way to Tasmania.  Spent the day poolside, mostly reading.  Looking forward to our visit to Hobart tomorrow.  I have been the a couple of times in the past and have always enjoyed the visit.  It is forecast to be very hot, 91 F….

No comments:

Post a Comment