Wednesday, October 16, 2013

6 days until we leave for the cruise!

It is hard to believe that we will be on our way one week from today!  What is really neat is that the cruise, for a balcony, was only $360per person and then we get a $360 on board credit on our next cruise.....so, it is free....right!


I have never been to Santa Barbara....it looks beautiful!


Ensenada looks pretty too.....we have only been in the port long enough to get a bus and go to San Diego!

Rita and Mary's cat reminds me of our cat Penny.  She had amber eyes and one day she went out into the back yard....some birds started chasing her...I opened the door just in time to see two amber eyes running toward me and passed me into the house....it was so funny...did I say that out loud.....poor kitty was so scared...but it was still funny.  Penny knew that she should not be out in the yard!  lol!



THE GREAT QUILT GIVE AWAY!  If you would like to be included, post me a note.  As it stands now....if you are a friend of mine or Vicki's , on Facebook....you are in!  !The drawings will start on Friday October the 18th.....you could be the lucky winners!
On Thursday I will post the photo of the quilt!  Remember, they are far from perfect!
Now I want you all to know that the quilts have some little booboo's that Vicki had to repair....I am still getting use to the sewing machine and there are still days when I think she does not like me,,,,that is the machine Iam talking about.  You will find the mistakes that I made on the front will be evident on the back side....sorry!  There will be 4 quilts ready for the first drawing!

Of course, we spent the day sewing....I decided that I cannot work with my new sewing machine...unfortunatly it cannot be returned.  So, I have decided to give it to Vicki!  She really likes it and then everyone will be happy.  I was going to put it on Craig's list but I decided it would be a nice gift for "the inspector General!"  She is working so hard correcting all of my mistakes....hopefully now I will be doing better now that I am back on my old machine!  Today I made 2 pillow cases!




Rosine seems to be doing just fine.  She was talking and laughing today.  Have you heard on the news about the people who have super brains?  They are people over the age of 80 who have wonderful memories....I am nominating  Rosine for their study because she has got to be in the top of the super brains!


WELCOME TO THE msAMSTERDAM and my virtual cruise to.....
 The Grand  Pacific and Far East Voyage!  

Photos from Jeff Farschman's blog,,,,  http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com
Photos and narrative from  Leslie's  Travel blog....http://lesliesh.wordpress.

 Scenic Cruising of the Inland Sea
Today turned out to be a pretty nice day considering we are running from a typhoon.  The winds were pretty strong but the sun shone for a good part of the day.  The scenery was just lovely.  Later in the afternoon, our travel guide Barbara included some commentary as we sailed through the Sentonaika National Park.  All things considered, it was a lovely day.  Tomorrow we visit Nagasaki…





BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!
S'





















No comments:

Post a Comment