Monday, October 21, 2013

Getting packed! At Sea!

 Today is my day to pack and if I hurry I can spend some time sewing.  lol!

Our friends Rita and Mary are spending the week in the Carolinas and are in the Outer Banks...have never been there!Rita as usual is taking wonderful photos...so I stole this one off of Facebook...just for fun!
 This is so cute ...it almost makes me want to go for a bike ride...maybe not!  lol!  My guess is that Mary and Rita did it!  At least they are not vertically handicapped like we would be....lol!


wELL, I am pretty much packed and now I guess I need to go and unpack.....I packed enough clothes for 2 weeks and we are only going for 4 days......oh, me oh my!  I really find it hard to believe we are going!

Today we went to Starbucks at 99th and sat outside and it was really nice.  Then we came home and I did a little packing, a little cleaning in the garage, a little sewing , a little packing and paid a visit to see Rosine.  She was a terror and after she shook and screamed I decided that the safest thing for me to do was to go to sleep......so I did....Vicki talked to her and managed to not set her off again....thank goodness she was not screaming at me!  She wasn't screaming at Vicki either....not sure who she was screaming at....haven't seen anyone scream and shake like that since Tami threw a fit, laying down in the middle of the room kicking and shaking because her Uncle Virgil would not take her with him to pick up the hot dogs!  Tami was only 4 and that was the only fit she ever threw....but...Rosine is 94 and there is something wrong with this picture! lol!  It was so out of character for Tami to throw a fit that we all sat there with our mouths hanging open and laughing....to ourselves , of course! lol!


Here are the 2 QUILTS that ail be in the drawing on Nov 1st!

                                                                           Quilt #5


                                                                        Quilt #6

I started another one today so there will probably be 3!


WELCOME TO THE msAMSTERDAM and my virtual cruise to.....
 The Grand  Pacific and Far East Voyage!  

Photos from Jeff Farschman's blog,,,,  http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com
Photos and narrative from  Leslie's  Travel blog....http://lesliesh.wordpress.



AT SEA!
We had a lovely day today as we sail from Shanghai to Hong Kong.  It was poolside again, enjoying the sunny weather as we head south.  It’s still a little cool (70s) but nice enough to enjoy it.  In the afternoon I went to Arts & Crafts, once again, and am really enjoying it.  It’s nice to see that HAL has a program that focuses on a little more upscale crafts….  Very nice!  This evening we were very fortunate to be hosted by our Staff Captain, Gerard Teensma and his companion Kristina.  It was a wonderful dinner, enjoyed by all.  Looking forward to another nice sea day tomorrow and Arts & Crafts….  Bring on Hong Kong!



















































































No comments:

Post a Comment