Sunday, October 20, 2013

Yum yum! In port in .... Shanghai, People's Republic of Ch!

This morning we met Mark, Joshua and Tami for coffee at Dunkin Donuts.  Tami and Joshua did not eat any donuts....Mark ate only one and Vicki and I ate 2 1/2 each....they were really good....blueberry cake and pumpkin cake!


Mark was answering questions that we had about medical issues and Joshua was talking about everyday challenges!


Tami loved her new pillow case that I made her to use when she travels!  Speaking of which is tomorrow when she goes to Colorado Springs or "The Springs" as the natives call it!


Vicki looks very pretty and her hair turned out really great!  Lucky Vicki!  lol!



Yes, I know, the color is pretty....but it is not blond.  Nancy will fix me up a week from Tuesday.  It is also about the bald issue and not just about the color!

Now I am off to do my sewing as we are not going back out today!  Tomorrow is packing day and I can't sew until the suit cases are all filled up!  I finished the two quilts today for the next drawing....maybe I can sneak in a third one before we leave!  Vicki just finished watching the Chiefs play and now is watching the Broncos!  I have one suitcase done...the bedding!  lol!  Now for the real stuff....no formal night....packing like I am going to S.D. for the weekend.  Taking one pair of jeans in case it gets cold!

The lady across the street has Halloween lights up...I have some fall toned ones but have not put them outside!  I think I am going to be doing good to get decorated for Christmas.....which I will start as soon as we get back.  We will be leaving for Kansas City the day after Thanksgiving and then leaving on a cruise the day after Christmas.  This means that the Christmas lights have to come down on Christmas day.  Busy, busy, we are so busy and yet we don't get anything done.  I really want to get 10 more quilts done for the drawings before Christmas....actually I should be able to get 14 done.  This is for the drawings not for anyone for Christmas.



Everyday when I see this spot I think that when Judy and I were kids.....this is the type of place that we would have loved to play in...it is a hole...about 20 feet deep with this wonderful tree...a perfect place to have a picnic and play some games!




WELCOME TO THE msAMSTERDAM and my virtual cruise to.....
 The Grand  Pacific and Far East Voyage!  

Photos from Jeff Farschman's blog,,,,  http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com
Photos and narrative from  Leslie's  Travel blog....http://lesliesh.wordpress.

 Shanghai, People's Republic of China

Today was far more relaxing than yesterday’s busy pace.  Brad & I walked to the Bund, did a little sightseeing and headed for Nan Jing Road.  We decided to stop at the Apple Store for updates to our devices…  Unfortunately, the speed of the network at Apple was way too slow.  We then headed for a restaurant, Three Street Restaurant,  that my friends Gary & Dino visited yesterday.  They said the food was great and the internet very fast.  As it turns out, they were correct….  WE had a fabulous lunch and got all the updates we needed.  The only downside is that Facebook  is blocked and so is my blog…. Guess I don’t have a huge blog following in China.  Anyway, we had a wonderful and relaxing day.  Now I am also caught up on all my blog posts…  yeah!













































































No comments:

Post a Comment