Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday…..and the winners are

All of us who are over the age of 55 know exactly where we ere 50 years ago today.  This is the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy!  I was washing my hair….it was Friday and I was living in San Diego…..It was lunch time and I was getting ready to watch my soaps.…The phone rang and our lives were changed forever!  This event changed how and when people watched television news events. It was the first major news event to be followed live on television for 5 full days.  My oldest son Todd was just 3 weeks older than John John.  I will remember little John John saluting his father….and all of America's hearts broke!

Since Todd and John John were the same age, I will share this story with you.
It happened on Sunday.  It just so happens that it was the week before Thanksgiving just like this year.  My parents had been to a party and had won a fresh turkey for the holiday.  We all ran to the basement to see the turkey.  The turkey was in an orange crate, it had gold painted nails and was covered with a white cloth.  We all gathered around to see the turkey….my dad lifted the cloth and Todd's little voice spoke up…that turkey is dead, just like President Kennedy!  3 year old children are not suppose to be able to understand the concept of death at this age.  I thought of little John  John as my little boy made his observations!




R.I.P.


It is totally amazing how time flies.  November is almost gone and Christmas is right on its heels!

  Vicki and I have such fun watching how each quilt turns out…the stripes are totally random and we don't know what they look like until I am almost done putting the stripes together!Today the winners are….Molly and Lula.  We hope you enjoy your new quilts…hope they are warm enough for you Kansas people


Molly won  quilt #12.!  It is very pretty and has a lot of green in it.  You will not get it until we get to Kansas City next week!

 Lula wins quilt #13…I think the colors look just like you! It is in the mail and you should have it on Monday!

Tracey….this one should be warm enough for you…it is made out of flannel….2 layers of it with acrylic pile on the back…hope you enjoy it and glad you won it on your birthday..Happy Birthday a little late  Tracey won in last weeks drawing!  You should have your quilt on Monday!



BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!
                        S'




WELCOME TO THE msAMSTERDAM and my virtual cruise to.....
 The Grand  Pacific and Far East Voyage!  

Photos from Jeff Farschman's blog,,,,  http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com

Photos and narrative from  Leslie's  Travel blog....http://lesliesh.wordpress.


 At Sea
Day 60… impossible!  Where has the time gone????  Today was brilliant, sunny, hot with a nice breeze.  I am getting maximum sun exposure and loving it.  Tonight we had our friend Tom Mullen join us for dinner and we had a wonderful time.  Got to go, I have a very early wakeup call tomorrow for Bora Bora.  I am going to go swim with the sharks…  Hope for some nice photos!






















































11111

No comments:

Post a Comment