Thursday, November 7, 2013

Seeing friends for lunch!

Today we slept in...I thought we would catch an extra 30 minutes and it turned into an extra 90 minutes...so, we missed breakfast and got ready just in time to meet Bonnie and Diane for lunch.  We try to forget that they are really snow birds, arriving here in November and getting the hell out of here in April before it gets too hot!  We don't want to make them feel bad but the truth of the matter is ....those snow birds get on our nerves....since they are our friends we try to ignore that they  are putting an extra car on the road as well as a golf car and making the lines longer at the stores!  lol!  Just kidding ....about them, that is!  lol!  We had a nice visit with them and are glad that they are back!

                               

Bonnie and Diane are looking good and have lost even more weight....at least we did not gain while they were gone....I think!

After lunch we went to visit Rosine and had a very nice visit....she has decided not to move....she gets very anxious when she thinks about having to meet 100 new people...I do think she is right about this one.....I would not want to do it either and I am not 95....I am only 55 and I don't want to do it either! lol!

Here we are out to lunch and I am glad....can't wait to see the snow birds!


It is really interesting...Rosine is the only one that has commented on my hair and she likes it!  Well, it gives me a feeling that I have a little control in my life!  lol!  I put a Fancifull mousse on it!

This is Quilt # 8!  I really do like this one....the blue snowflake design is really nice...Wait until tomorrow when I post #10!  Vicki and I are working so hard...pumping these quilts out in the true tradition of a sweat shop!  Vicki is doing such a good job with her stitch in a ditch!  Vicki learning to do the stitch in a ditch has made it possible for us to make and give away all of these quilts...the best is yet to come!

I am trying to see if there is anything that I missed other than the container of rocky road ice cream that I ate!  Oh, I just remembered...we are going to Kansas City on November 26th and we are really looking forward to seeing the families!It has been a year and a half since we have seen the Leed tribe and 9 months since we have seen Davin and Amy!   We are going up to Hamilton Missouri to visit a quilt store that has taken over this small town and it is doing a really great job supporting this small   town community


WELCOME TO THE msAMSTERDAM and my virtual cruise to.....
 The Grand  Pacific and Far East Voyage!  

Photos from Jeff Farschman's blog,,,,  http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com
Photos and narrative from  Leslie's  Travel blog....http://lesliesh.wordpress.



 At Sea
The effects of the Typhoon were upon us today…  It wasn’t bad, just lots of clouds, wind and occasional showers…  The seas aren’t too bad.  I still managed to catch some sun which made my day.  It was a really wonderful day overall…  Lots of reading and my favorite lunch, Mongolian Barbeque.   No photos today, too gray and dreary…. !


BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!
                          S'















































































No comments:

Post a Comment