Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday, the lights are up and the trees came today!

Went to Starbucks……had a morning bun…yum, yum!

Went to Walmart and ran into a friend that we used to have coffee with.  She talked and talked and talked…..she is not going to our old Starbucks either!  lol!

I am not sure if I posted these pictures after Vicki and I had our hair cut….Looking good!
                                                                 Maybe a half of a shade darker?

                                                                                          
                                              How does my hair look straight?  Sandi likes it!

                                                                            
                                   The new blue tree….it is really small    It is cute!


                    This is the mystery quilt…..tomorrow you can see it!  lol!



                                                                                               
Sara  found a creative way to display her quilt…..she said….nothing better than a Christmas blanket and a cup of tes!  Enjoy Sara!



       Vicki's Christmas  purse…..mine is on the right….I used my new basting spray….who knows how they will turn out!     I have to finish them even if we don't get to use them for more than a couple of  days…..or until Tami grabs them away from us!  lol!    


Not a very good picture of the 2nd tree in the kitchen….oh well!

Have a good night everyone!


BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!
                                S'




WELCOME TO THE msAMSTERDAM and my virtual cruise to.....
 The Grand  Pacific and Far East Voyage!  

Photos from Jeff Farschman's blog,,,,  http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com
Photos and narrative from  Leslie's  Travel blog....http://lesliesh.wordpress.


TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2013


Avatoru, Rangiroa


Here are the rest of the photos capturing my magnificent first time visit to Rangiroa…..

Day 64 Avatoru, Rangiroa (Part 1 of 2)

What to do?  Here I was coming into Rangiroa for the first time and my plans to go snorkeling went bust when I fried my head. Rangiroa, unlike the other mountainous, volcanic islands in French Polynesia that we visited, is a coral atoll and very flat.  Not much happening here except for diving and snorkeling so I decided to walk to Avatoru.  I was told it was about 5 km to town which is just over 3 miles which is no big deal even in this heat.  I found the walk enjoyable, taking photos along the way.  I kept walking and walking and the town wasn’t in sight.  After walking over 6 miles, I stopped in a boutique and asked how much further it was and they told me it was another 7 km….  I decided at that point the best course of action was to turn around and head back.  The good news is that after walking around 15 iles for the day my knee is great.  I am sorry I missed the snorkeling, people said it was great.  I enjoyed our visit to Rangiroa…..  stop, Nuka Hiva!

























































































No comments:

Post a Comment