Thursday, September 26, 2013

Busy day! Day 4, at sea!

Here we are and we made it through our first day at home!  Rise and shine early....I woke up at 5:00 and could not go back to sleep.  Could be because I had an upset stomach last night and was asleep by 9:00.  We were watching Criminal Minds and I told Vicki that I could not watch it....it was making me sicker as they had a serial killer who made his victims eat other peoples brains....that show is getting too dark and it is the first time that one added to a upset stomach of mine!  I always knew that I am very suggestible...so gross!

Well, we jumped into the car this morning and headed to QT and then off to another new Starbucks.  After coffee we went across the street and had our hair done.  They both turned out quite nice.  We then headed for Costco where we had lunch and got groceries.  Then back into the car and home we went.  Bicki then jumped into the car and went to the post office to pick up our mail.  This time when she jumped back into the car, she overshot it and landed at her mother's place.  Can you imagine how shocked she was when she found herself sitting and visiting with her mother when she was supposed to be at home sorting mail.  I think as she was leaving her mother's she realized that something was wrong when her mother said"does Sandi know where you are?"  OMG!  is Vicki now in trouble....missing in action...in a car crash....or maybe in jail!  What is the price one pays when ET forgets to phone home?

Today I got to take the bandage off my hand and it looks like it is healing okay.  Now, if I can just keep from hitting it!

Now I am going to tell you that I am having a problem with my iPhone.  I took pictures yesterday and they all uploaded to my photo stream...today the pictures have not uploaded....so, I said...I'll show you...I'll just upload the pictures directly...nope, they are still in the camera and I can't get them out....just like I've fallen and I can't get up!

So, now we will deal with the fact that the Amsterdam is still at sea and if it were not for Jeff we would not know what is going on!  Thank You Jeff


Welcome to the msAmsterdam and my virtual cruise, The Grand Pacific and Far East Voyage!
Photos from Jeff Farschman's blog,,,,  http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com


Day 3 At Sea
Well, I must admit, that I am quite pleased how the Grand Pacific & Far East Voyage for 2013 has started out….  Not only have I been able to connect, once again, with my Holland America family, everything so far has been wonderful.  The food, service and entertainment have all been top notch.  I believe they have taken it up a notch or two since I was last on for the World Voyage….  It is noticeable.  The weather today petered out on me a bit…  the sun was replaced with rain & overcast skies for various times during the day.  It was a delightful day none the less.  I even attended a photography lecture given by my friend and professional photographer David Smith.  If any of the photos I take from this point forward are less than satisfactory I assume we can just blame David.  Sorry David!!!!  This evening was very nice, it stated out with the Captain’s Welcome reception and toast followed by a wonderful dinner.  Rene, the Spa Manager hosted our table and everyone had a great time.  Then it was off to the show followed by my dedicated, very late night blog update….  It was an excellent day.  I am loving these days at sea.





Tomorrow is another sea day!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!
                         S'


























































































No comments:

Post a Comment