Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fall is here!


Another busy day.  We went to Safeway and found our Starbucks pumpkin loaf and bought it to take to coffee this morning.  We were quite happy!    Then I went home and made pumpkin muffins  for tomorrow! These are our friends, Joe and Chris.  They like to sit in the chairs at Starbucks.

This made an interesting picture...I did not realize the picture was behind Chris!
Joe thinks that our big screen Tv would be good to watch football on!  No, I did not invite them      over to watch it!

We came home and both of us were in the sewing room.  Vicki is busy making her 
nine patch and her 3 Dudes blocks.  I finished my second jelly roll race quilt!  It looks pretty good!


I think I am getting better or at least I am getting faster!


Yesterday the family went to El Indio for lunch!  It is located right next to the freeway in San Diego....but who cares...everyone just wants the shredded beef rolled tacos!  They are a tradition in our family!


I think Mark really likes them!


Today, they all went to Sea World!


Great pictures Josh!

I see the weather was great for you.....but a little hot!


                                 I see you all went to the Hash House for dinner tonight!


                            The one thing I don't like about the Hash House is.....the portions are so small!!  lol!



          It is so sad they didn't give you enough to eat, Joshua!  We had better get your money back!  lol! I am glad you all are having fun in our home town.....Tami was born there and so was Todd!

Hope you are able to do something tomorrow before you leave to come home!


                                                                    FR. MYCHAL JUDGE

This is a man that I wish I could have met.   He truly was an inspiration to all who knew him in New York.  His story is indeed fascinating and one I would have liked to know before now.  Vicki found a film on Net Flicks last night and we watched it.   It is wonderful to actually see a person who made such differences in peoples lives.  Hilary Clinton spoke at his funeral!

                                                             
                    

He was the first official death on 9/11.

 Prayer for 9/11

Lord, take me where you want me to go.
Let me meet who you want me to meet.
Tell me what you want me to say,
And keep me out of your way.
It’s not my prayer. It’s a prayer that came from the Franciscan priest Father Mychal Judge, who was killed on 9/11 at the World Trade Center when he was ministering to a fallen firefighter.
Mychal Judge was a chaplain for the New York City Fire Department. His church, St. Francis of Assisi, was right across the street from the fire station Engine 1, Ladder 24 on West 31st Street, not far from our Guideposts editorial offices. He had printed the words of the prayer on a card to hand out to anyone who needed them.
On September 10, 2001, he called his fellow NYFD chaplain Everett Wabst of Staten Island for some more prayer cards. Father Mychal had run out of them. Wabst was driving into New York with the cards when he heard of the attack. Soon he learned about Father Mychal’s tragic death.
For the next 48 hours, Wabst counseled firefighters, survivors and first responders. And he used the prayer that came from one of the disaster’s first victims. They’re words that work any day of the year, but they seem particularly poignant for this day.
Lord, take me where you want me to go.
Let me meet who you want me to meet.
Tell me what you want me to say,
And keep me out of your way.



BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!
                S'

No comments:

Post a Comment